Monday, June 11, 2012

Growing Crystals

We have been back for a few days now and I am nearly done with spring cleaning the house. Just a little more to go and I guess all will be back to normal. Today, finally, there's finally some sense of normalcy. It takes a little challenge to get Maya back into her usual schedule but as she gets older, it gets easier. I am very exhausted but as a full time stay-at-home mum without any maid, I get no rest. Am just waiting for the day Harry comes back so I can have a little time off to do my pedicure. That's when I get fully recharged with a magazine within an hour.

During our vacation in Singapore, I managed to stock up a few things for Maya. One of it was this crystal growing set. Took it out from the box and we had some fun. Maya was entertained, amused and very absorbed in what she had to do. She had the most fun from wearing the safety goggle and stirring the mixture. It will take some time to grow the crystal garden.

After that, we did some painting by using stamps. I let her do what she wants, explore and create. From using the stamps, she took her own paint brush, and when she got a little more curious, she used her hands. That's when she shouted ,"STICKY!" and wanted to clean up. And toddlers will be toddlers, after I cleaned her hands, she decided to take out all the wet wipes from the packet and stacked them up. It's a joy to see the amount of happiness simple things bring into the life of a little child.

Right before she went into slumberland, a little cosplay for a sweet dream tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment