Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Art of Paper Cutting

Maya is about to turn two in a few months. So I figured, it's time to introduce paper cutting to her. I used a purely plastic children craft scissors, a book that I bought with great bargain, and a plastic basket for her to put her cutouts. I couldn't take much picture as this project needed me to slip both my fingers and hers into the handle of the scissors. She was thrilled to be able to learn another new skill. When we woke up in the morning, she rushed to her stash of cutouts and proudly showed it to me.

And as she's getting older, she starts playing a bigger part in deciding activities for her. She will request to do certain activities that she fancies. As you can see here, she asked to do painting right after our paper cutting session.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment