Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Facial Expression with Plastic Bear

While shopping, I stumbled upon this glossy plastic bear that can be drawn on with a whiteboard marker. Apparently it can be drawn on, wipe off and redrawn. I thought to myself, this is one great way to teach Maya about different facial expressions! Needless to say, she fell in love with the bear at first glance. Managed to draw a few expressions and explained to her before she decided to take over the creative control to teach me where the eyes, ears, nose and mouth of the bear should be. Knowing that I should not create any negative thoughts in Maya about the bear, I let her be and joined in her game instead. :) There will definitely be a next time for me to continue this session. I always remind myself, to nurture Maya positively not forcefully. I don't want my little girl to grow up with fear and resentment towards learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment