Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Disassemble and Reassemble of Fake Flowers

I love using flowers in my projects. And these flowers make beautiful hair clips, brooches and many more. Best thing about it is that they are not costly at all. I like to disassemble and reassemble them for a more sturdy and seamless fit in the projects i do.The only problem is, when you remove the centre stem, all you get are flat pieces of petals. Well, my solution for it is very simple.

Separate them as per how the manufacturer has done. Hold the bottom pieces together and sew through the center. For the upper layers, sometimes you get one separation, but sometimes two or more. For these flowers, there were two.

Take the first separation and fold them into quarter. Sew to the center of the bottom layer. On the opposite side, do the same to the other set. Take the center of both sides and sew them together. Finally, fluff the petals and there you have it. A fluffy flower ready to be used.

I used the flowers I made for hair band and flower belt for my nieces. Hope they like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment