Friday, April 20, 2012

Pirate Hat, Ar! Ar!

Thanks to the influence of her father, Maya has been asking me to make pirate hat for her bear, Pinky Boo. I have been thinking day and night for the fastest and most effective way to make the hat with the things I already have. After much thoughts, I decided to use colorful foam sheets to construct the hat as it is rigid enough to maintain its' shape.

Items: EVA foam sheets, cross stitch thread, felt buttons, sewing needle, pen, ruler, scissors and a measurement tape,

Method: 1. Measure the wearer's head. I decided to use Maya's head measurement instead just in case she wants to wear it.

2. Divide by two and draw on the foam sheet. Cut two sheets.

3. On another piece of foam, draw the skull and crossbones. Cut.

4. Assemble all parts by stitching. Use the felt buttons as the eye sockets for the skull and sides of the hat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment